Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Jennbridge: Losing trick count

I've been asked to say more about my new booklet.  The reason I wrote about losing trick count is because it is such an important and valuable concept and the literature is somewhat sparse.   I have noticed that some bridge players pay lip service to the principles without fully understanding them, while others have Klinger's book but have never quite made it through it.

With this in mind, I tried to take what I deem to be the most important elements and set them down in a concise fashion.  The first part of the booklet explains how to count losers, when to count losers, etc. and includes an "optional refinement" section on incorporating losing trick count with elements of Bergen raises.  The second part of the booklet presents actual hands played at both matchpoints and team play which illustrate the principles.

Here are additional excerpts from the booklet describing how I came to use and appreciate losing trick count after my introduction to it in the 1990's:

We added an losing trick count (LTC) component to our bridge discussions and analyses of the hands. In nearly every instance where we did not bid to the optimum contract, we noted how the proper use of LTC would have enabled us to do so.

This booklet explains the basics of LTC and includes actual hands played at all levels of competition from the local duplicate to the World Mixed Pairs. Using only these basics will greatly fine-tune your bidding and hand evaluation. For a more in-depth treatment of LTC see Ron Klinger’s book and his website at http://www.ronklingerbridge.com/.

I am pleased to report that I have been receiving favorable comments on both the appearance of the booklet as well as the substance.  To read the introduction and view the cover see my last post:  http://jennbridge.blogspot.com/2011/04/jennbridge-losing-trick-count-booklet.html

To order your copy of Losing Trick Count click here:  http://jennbridge.blogspot.com/2011/04/ordering-information.html

See you at the table!

1 comment:

Nick said...

On Monday, my partner, Meryl, and I came in first using losing trick count. We had both read Jennifer's book on LTC over the weekend, and were excited to try it. We found games we would not have found, and avoided one that could not make. And did I mention that we came in first? Thanks, Jennifer!
Mary Omodt, Santa Rosa