Saturday, July 16, 2011

Jennbridge: Changes Brewing

Jennbridge has a new, updated look after 4 years.  Plus, the Jennbridge archives have been streamlined and much of the old material set aside for editing for future publications.

Expect some new contributors! While on a recent visit to the midwest to visit family, I stopped in at my old bridge club in Cincinnati and played on a team with some friends. They were interested in my Losing Trick Count booklet as well as this blog and agreed to send me hands from time to time. As these are interesting characters, as well as fine players, this should be fun.

We will be hearing from, among others, Jack, the local club professional, a brilliant player and my first teacher. When I first made it to the Cincinnati bridge club in the late 80's after some years of social bridge, I was quickly shuttled to Jack for private playing lessons to get my game in shape, thus being spared agonizing years of mediocre play. Jack doesn't have much sympathy or patience with the average local players and can be found at the racetrack when not at the bridge club. 

On a final note, I am collecting questions on the Losing Trick Count booklet and will publish FAQ in due course.  Also, I'll be giving a free question and answer session at the Bridge Gallery.  Send in your questions and stay tuned.

See you at the table!

No comments: