Sunday, May 6, 2007

Blame it on Frank (Dedication)

I wanted to tell you how/why I started this bridge blog. I often play bridge on Friday afternoon and I always go to dinner with Frank Friday night. For years I have tucked my score card in my purse to share the hands with him over dinner. (As I have always written down my hands I can remember them.) I recount tales tragic and hilarious and we discuss bidding, play and defense. I share spectacular plays, silly defenses, outrageous bidding, friendly gossip--you name it. It makes for a fun and interesting time.

This past Friday after I gave him my hands he said: "You should put these in a blog!" I laughed it off, but by Sunday had decided to give it a go. I like the immediacy of this forum. I have hands saved but will never get around to writing a book, so this should be fun.

See you at the table!

No comments: